NOTE to buyers/sellers:
All sales conducted through the "For sale" section of this forum are at the buyer's/seller's own risk. Whilst the admin of twowheels will do our best to help resolve disputes, please keep in mind that the resources available to perform such tasks are limited. The simple fact is that not a lot of information is required for someone to sign up for a forum account. Hence, there is very little info to track people down with.
The for sale section is intended to be for use by pre-existing members of the twowheels community - keeping this in mind....
1. Beware "for sale" posts by users who have signed up simply to sell an item, and have no prior posting history, or other users to vouch for their honesty/integrity.
2. Ensure that you establish contact via a secondary method before conducting the transaction - preferably by phone, or ideally in person, if possible.
3. Consider the use of an escrow service - such as that recommended by E-Bay: http://pages.ebay.com.au/help/buy/buytrust-escrow.html
4. Check the normal sale price of the item. If it sounds too good to be true, and no real explanation for the cheap price is offered, it quite possibly is.
5. If possible, perform the exhange in person. Dedicated "for sale" websites have put a lot of effort into the tracking and resolution of disputes. As such, for more expensive items, we would encourage users to utilise these resources, by listing their item on a site such as E-bay, and providing a link to their auction listing in their forum post. E-bay for example will allow you to accept/reject bids on your item, and end the auction early if you wish to sell to a particular user.
By all means, feel free to buy/sell by using simple posts in the for sale section - just be aware that the level of protection offered by a dedicated trading site does not exist here.
I have turned on the Auto Pruning. If there is no new posts in a thread it will auto delete after 14 days.
This is mainly to get rid of threads from people who join the forum only to sell something.
If you still have an item for sale, it's up to you to come and post that to keep the thread alive.